The small church building above appears in Sanborn Fire Insurance Maps in 1909, with a vacant lot to the south at the corner of Academy and Vernon Avenues. Obviously, the congregation of the now-vanished Brank Memorial Presbyterian Church constructed the smaller building first, and the large Gothic Revival building came later. It doesn’t seem the congregation last long, and a series of other churches occupied the building.
In fact, the larger sanctuary on the site has terracotta that reads “The Assumption” on the front facade. It will remain a mystery for the time-being.