At the corner of Woodland and Wren is the former Polish Roman Catholic Church of St. Adalbert’s in the Walnut Park neighborhood, now owned by Oakgrove Missionary Baptist. It is obvious, particularly because there is a formerly vacant lot, now filled with new in-fill on Woodland, that this is the second sanctuary of that church. It sits very nicely at the triangular intersection. St. Adalbert’s was founded in 1912, merging with St. Philip Neri in 1993 in the latter’s buildings to create Simon of Cyrene, itself later closing in 2005. Another obvious clue that there was an earlier church building is the school building around the corner on Amelia Avenue, with the name in Polish, “Szkola Sw. Wojciecha,” or St. Adalbert’s School, which is in an early Twentieth Century architectural style.