Up the hill in Peoria away from the South Side is St. Mark’s Roman Catholic Church, which has roots going back to 1891. It is interesting in that it has only two front portals.
As is typical of many German Gothic Revival churches, the spire is offset and transitions to an octagonal shape above the roofline of the nave.
There are beautiful what look to be hydrangeas out front.
The spire itself looks to be in good shape as it towers above the church.
To the right is the rectory, which is shrouded in treecover at this time of year.
And very similar to Holy Cross in Baden, there is a school in sort of a modern Gothic Revival style across the street.